If you want quick and easy…this is the soup for you! Love the flavor and love all the nutrition packed in this baby!
I love soup, and I mean LOVE! Here it is, the middle of summer here in Arizona and I'm drooling over soup. I also love soup that's quick and easy, and if you have the chicken already cooked, that's exactly what this is.
- 1 lbs Compliant bacon, chopped. I like Niman Ranch's uncured Applewood Smoked you could also use panchetta to fancy it up
- 4 cups Chopped cooked chicken, I use some of my baked Greek chicken, it's already packed with lots of flavor so, you're seasoning almost takes care of itself https://jenpartyof7.com/aip-baked-greek-chicken/
- 2 Leeks, cleaned and sliced small
- 1/2-1 white onion, chopped depending to taste
- 2 tsp fresh minced garlic
- 6-8 Carrots, chopped. Or, you could use 1-2 bags baby carrots
- 1 tsp Himilayan salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp ground tumeric
- 1 tsp ground sage
- 3 bay leaves
- 4 quarts bone broth or compliant broth I use a mix of my homemade chicken and pork bone broth and a compliant chicken broth
- 3 Scallions, chopped Optional, used as a garnish
Turn heat on pressure cooker, cook chopped bacon. Once it is cooked, remove, leaving grease and reserve for garnish.
With the heat still on, add onions and leeks and let sweat for 1-2 minutes, then, add minced garlic and let sweat for another minute or two.
Add, chopped chicken and then add onion powder, salt, sage and tumeric and heat until fragrant.
Add broth, bay leaves and carrots. Place lid on pressure cooker and set to soup setting.
Once your soup is complete and seasoned to taste and in your bowl, then garnish with your chopped bacon and scallions. I've also used panchetta (which is what you see in the photo) or leftover pork belly and they're both amazing as well.