We are a shrimp loving family, even my younger kiddos (ok, not the 2 year old...she's still a jerk right now) have to fight for some of these, so, I usually end up doubling this.
It makes for a great appetizer, on top of a salad, in a taco, on a flip flop...whatever.
- 1 lbs shrimp Beings I can't get fresh out of the water here in AZ, I opt for the already de-veined and cleaned variety
- 2 tbsp duck fat You can sub this for any other fat of your choice, I've also used bacon fat.
- 8 cloves minced garlic feel free to use more here, I know I usually do!
- 1 juice of one lemon
- 1/2 tsp sumac Can also use paprika if you have reintroduced nightshade spices.
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste omit for strict elimination phase
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
Lay out cleaned shrimp and pat to dry.
In a heavy bottomed pan, on medium low heat, add grease. Once warmed, add garlic and allow to cook for 1-2 minutes, or until it just begins to turn golden.
Add lemon juice, sumac, salt and pepper (if reintroduced), let this sweat for a minute or two. Add shrimp. This will cook fast, maybe 2 minutes on each side.
Remove from pan, drizzle sauce from the pan on top, then garnish with chopped cilantro.