Words I love: Quick, cheap, easy, fast! I love making this for so many reasons, its comfort food goodness and my entire family loves it. I have made this numerous times for get togethers with non-AIP friends and they love it too! Sometimes AIP recipes can get a bit carried away with the ingredient list-this is not one of those meals. It also isn’t one of those meals that will trash your kitchen, which my kids say is a huge bonus. Enjoy!
Egg roll in a bowl, tasty comfort food even your non AIP friends and family will love.
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 10 cups shredded cabbage and carrots I just buy the bagged kind that's already shredded
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos might be more, I eyeballed this
- 1-2 tbsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp salt I use Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tsp apple cider vinigar
- 2 tsp raw honey
- 1 tbsp fresh minced garlic
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 4 cups bone broth
- 2 cups water this will depend on how thick your bone broth is...when I make mine, it's very rich in flavor and looks like jello.
- 4-5 cups shredded cabbage mix the amount you use is according to taste, I like mine with a lot of cabbage, so, I think I used even more than this!
Preheat a heavy bottomed pan to a medium heat, add oil, then, add ground pork and beef, when slightly pink, add salt.
Add all other ingredients EXCEPT the shredded cabbage and let cook until meat is cooked all the way through.
Add cabbage and stir. Once cabbage is wilted, you can adjust seasoning to your taste (more coconut aminos, ginger, salt, etc)
For the soup, just add bone broth and water (if needed) and additional shredded cabbage mix, then, let simmer for 5 min or so, and adjust seasonings if needed.