- 2 cups No-Tomato sauce KC Natural or homemade
- 1 cup chicken broth/bone broth
- 1 medium onion
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1.5 tbsp cumin (reintro)
- 1 tsp ACV
- 1/2 tsp AIP Seasoning Salt
- 1 medium white sweet potato baked and skin removed
- 1/2 cup coconut cream (or coconut milk; it won’t be as thick)
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Cassava tortillas
- shredded chicken or carne asada
Combine no-tomato sauce, broth, onion, garlic, cumin, ACV, and seasonings. Reduce, bring to a boil and simmer for 30-40 min.
Once sweet potato is baked and peeled, combine all ingredients together and blend (preferably with an emulsion blender). Let simmer on very low.
For Cassava tortillas, I used this recipe: https://paleoglutenfree.com/recipes/best-ever-5-minute-cassava-flour-tortillas/
You can mix a little of the ‘cheese’ sauce into your shredded chicken or carne asada - this is optional, but I did it, and was glad that I did - so cheesy garlic good!!
Dip cooked tortilla in enchilada sauce. Add fillings, and roll. Repeat until pan is filled.
Also, optional, some seasoned and diced roasted white sweet potatoes. Gave some great texture and flavor!
Pour any remaining enchilada sauce on top of rolled enchiladas and then drizzle with cheesy sauce.
Bake at 350o for 25 min.