I can’t begin to tell you how insanely simple and quick this soup is. It’s also very easy on the budget, which I love. Seriously, from start to finish, you will have this dinner done in less than 30 min. Enjoy!
Super simple and extremely cheep to make comfort food. With just a few ingredients you can have this very drool worthy cabbage soup.
- 1 lbs Bacon, roughly chopped. I like mine a bit rustic with some larger and smaller chunks. I used an uncured bacon ends, a thick cut would be good here too.
- 1 head cabbage, roughly chopped
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 1 Fennel, sliced
- 4 cups Chicken broth Or any compliant broth
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt To taste, I didn't measure
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper Omit this for strict elimination phase
- 2-3 White Sweet Potatoes, cut in half rounds
- 1 tbsp Coconut Aminos
Cook chopped bacon until almost cooked, do not drain the fat, add onions and fennel and let sweat.
Add sliced potatoes and cook until tender.
Add cabbage, coconut aminos and broth, let simmer on low until cabbage is cooked. Add salt and pepper to taste...DONE!